STRESSED OUT ? CAN’T RELAX ?
“TOO OLD” ? TOO BUSY ?
WEST KIRBY AIKIDO CLUB
AND IT’S FAR MORE THAN A MARTIAL ART
Our class is suitable for men and women of all ages, particularly those who know they ‘really ought to be doing something’ but are ‘too old’ or too busy to commit to regular or intense training.
Gentle and natural movements improve breathing, balance, co-ordination and relaxation. The resulting mental and physical calm improves health and well-being generally and, for self-defence, enables focus to be on removing an assailant’s will to attack without being drawn into his violence. It is both effective and ethical.
· Friendly, relaxed atmosphere
· No competitions or examinations
· No pocket-emptying ‘contracts’ – just £4 per evening.
· No ‘minimum’ attendances – come and go as you wish.
· No booking needed – no experience needed – just turn up and ask for Mike Tibbs or Roger Taylor.
West Kirby Concourse – Every Friday – 7.30-9.30 pm
Started in 1972, we were originally the Birkenhead Aikido Club. We changed our name when we moved to the West Kirby Concourse in January 1984.
(updated June 2017)